- March: Bishop Dinis Sengulane retired after 38 years as Bishop of Lebombo.
- June: Bishop Manuel Ernesto consecrated as first Suffragan Bishop of Diocese of Niassa.
- July: ALMA Sunday celebrated in London with Bishop Dinis and Lina Sengulane; and also in Luanda.
- September: Bishop Carlos Matsinhe elected and consecrated as new Bishop of Lebombo.
- ALMA received grant to produce themed RE teaching resources. (See www.rewithsoul.co.uk).
- Read more in the 2014 Annual Report …
- Giving Ministry Wheels Lent Appeal was for equipping our partner churches in Angola and Mozambique by investing in their transport. The appeal raised £63,500 and helped to fund a good quality second hand vehicle for Angola, Lebombo (Southern Mozambique) and Niassa (northern Mozambique).
- Representatives of ALMA attended the celebrations of the 10th anniversary of the Diocese of Angola in Luanda.
- The Bishop of Kensington, Paul Williams, visited both Mozambique dioceses.
- Read more in the 2012 Annual Report …
- Training God’s people Lent Appeal raised £50,000. It has been used to provide additional lay and clerical training, supporting the tremendous growth the Mozambican and Angolan churches are experiencing, and has also funded the purchase of 180 ‘Africa Bible Commentaries’ in Portuguese.
- The Bishop of Lebombo, Dinis Sengulane, was present at the ALMA Sunday celebration service.
- In November, there was a special service in St Paul’s Cathedral to mark Bishop Donald Arden’s 50th anniversary as Bishop. Bishop Arden is the father of ALMA, and previously Archbishop of Central Africa.
- Read more in the 2011 Annual Report …
- Tenth Anniversary of ALMA celebrated at River of Life service in St Paul’s Cathedral on 13 July with the ALMA Bishops. New Covenant signed.
- Education for All Lent Appeal raises funds for a primary school in each of our three link dioceses, more than meeting its target of £75,000.
- Tree of Life at British Museum.
- Launch of Theology Education by Extension (TEE) in Angola.
- Swords into Ploughshares exhibition in London.
- End of civil war in Angola.
- Bishop of London visits Mozambique.
- Devastating floods in Mozambique throughout February and March. Mozambique Flood Relief Fund raises £170,000.
- July visit to London by representatives from the three dioceses.
- Bishop Dinis becomes first Honorary Canon of St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Signing of ALMA Covenant on 12 July.
- Accident at Zove on 27 November during first visit from London. Berta Sengulane, wife of Bishop Dinis, dies in the accident.